Devices 4 the Disabled (D4D) provides pickup, refurbishing, and delivery of durable medical equipment to those in need. Our service solves one of the biggest problems with medical equipment delivery as it currently stands: forcing consumers to purchase equipment for a high price, and then leaving it to patients or their families to resell or donate when there is no longer a need for that device.
Here is how the process works, step-by-step:
1. D4D receives donations of equipment at its drop-off locations and brings the equipment to its main facility.
2. The equipment is transported to distribution points identified and managed by our partner charitable organizations (see below).
3. You, the patient, have a need for a device. You contact one of our charitable partners and their inventory is checked.
4. If we don’t have a match, you’re put on a waiting list. If we have a match, you get your equipment. We do not sell any equipment; we are committed to helping all those in need, especially those with limited funds.
5. When you’re done with your device, we pick it up and make it ready for the next patient.
Our partner organizations are described here
Contact us at 773-870-1553 or at email@example.com.
D4D supplies lending closets that are managed by our partners–churches, charitable organizations, and social service and community organizations. Contact the facility nearest you to pick up equipment.